Going live on social media is a scary prospect for most people. You are at your most vulnerable point, talking straight to the camera, beaming across the internet.
We all know that live can go wrong even for the most experienced presenters. There are been 2 boob out scenarios on live tv that I can think of Janet Jackson on the Super Bowl and our very own Judy Finnigan from Good Morning Britain.
So of course you’re going to feel a little bit nervous about going live to your own audience? What’s the worst that can happen? Well your boob might fly out!
Got any funny Facebook live stories? I'd love to hear them in the comments below!
But seriously. Going live is a fantastic way for you to reach out and build a relationship with your audience. Yes, you are vulnerable, but that’s why it’s magical. In that vulnerability you’re also authentic, real and relatable. Qualities that we want from brands.
Plus you’re able to answer your potential customers questions in real time. Talk about issues that are important to them, give them advice, show them behind the scenes and give them a taste of what it might be like to work with you.
Here’s a few ideas of what you could talk about when you go live:
• Could you invite people to leave questions and answer these - either live or beforehand
• Answer frequently asked questions that you know your customers ask
• Respond to any breaking news or hot topics
• Demonstrations or how to's
• New product or service announcements
• Go live at an event or conference you are at
• Talk about something close to your heart
• Bust a myth
• Share your story
• Talk about how you create your products
• Interview a client who’s loved working with you
The options are endless really.
But why go live in the first place
Well it gives you the ability to talk in real time to your audience. On Facebook you’ll be notified when someone starts watching so you can say hello. And your audience can ask you questions so you can answer them live.
It also gives people a real sense of you. I’ve had all sorts of people come up to me and tell them they love watching my videos, and to be honest I’m always surprised, because they’re generally not the people commenting, so they’re totally new to me. I’ve also lately had a few new clients who’ve signed up and then said I love watching your lives and can’t wait to start working with you.
If you’re a service-based business like me, you go to create lives
talking about your expertise and the skills you bring to the table.
If you create products you can give me a behind the scenes look into how you create your products and the process behind it.
And of course we can all give a little behind the scenes look.
Making the most of your lives
And if you need reminding how important it is the crack the FB live code, here's some facts for you:
• Facebook video receives, on average, 135% more organic reach than a Facebook photo
• Live videos get 75% more shares than uploaded videos
• Online videos will account for more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic by 2020
• 55% of people consume videos thoroughly — the highest amount all types of content
• But 1 in 4 marketers and small business owners feel behind on video marketing - so let's buck that trend!
Are you getting interested?
Why not join me in a private Facebook group and spend a week practising your Facebook live, getting feebdack from a supportive group? Once you've cracked that live cherry and spent 5 days creating lives you'll feel more confident to go out there in the real world!
It starts on Monday 1st April and it's all free! Come and join me! https://debbiedooodah.co.uk/fblivechallenge
Would love to see you there!
Have you gone live, are you enjoying it. And if not, tell me, what's stopping you?
Either way, come and join the Facebook live party!https://debbiedooodah.co.uk/fblivechallenge